Employment type: Permanent
In every sector, organisations are using location data to make better decisions – increasing profits, maximizing efficiency and even saving lives. 1Spatial’s suite of solutions help our customers manage their complex spatial data. We are a rapidly growing global business with offices in Cambridge (UK), France, Tunisia, Australia, USA, Ireland and Belgium. Our Australian business has offices in Sydney and Melbourne, candidates must be located in Australia and we offer the option of working remotely or within our offices.
Would you be a good fit to 1Spatial?
We are looking for passionate people to redraw the map for 1Spatial and our customers. If you are willing to learn, willing to share and willing to challenge, then this is the role for you.
We are looking for a highly motivated Consultant to join our dedicated customer centric team. As a key member of the Services team, you will report directly to the Services Lead and will be working on key strategic projects for our clients using cutting-edge technologies. Working in an agile team, you will understand business requirements and develop the appropriate solution that meets business needs. You will have the opportunity to apply your software engineering skills to build scalable, performant systems that are easy to maintain and support.
As a key member of the team, you will fulfil several functions to encompass, but not limited to:
- Project delivery
- Software Training – FME Desktop and Server on public, private and bespoke courses
- Second line technical support
- Pre-sales support to the Sales team
- Research and Development
- Marketing activity such as the creation and delivery of webinars and public presentations at industry events and conferences
- Travel to customer sites within Australia and occasionally abroad.
You will be organised, confident in your abilities and be able to represent the 1Spatial Services Team during face-to-face client meetings and project delivery, conference calls, webinars and events in an assured and professional manner. We are looking for passionate people to redraw the map for 1Spatial and our customers. If you are willing to learn, willing to share and willing to challenge, then this is the role for you.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Proven experience in a consulting role, communicating and implementing FME solutions both remotely and during on-site customer visits
- Ability to work independently, deploying and supporting FME solutions
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Track record of building and maintaining working relationships with customers, both internal and external
- A desire to solve problems and build automated solutions to customer data challenges
- Ability to identify commercial opportunities and communicate them appropriately
- Experience in ETL and working with large volumes of data in multiple formats and on multiple platforms
- Experience in utilising modern Project Management tools and frameworks
- Experience of GIS and CAD systems, corporate database standards such as Oracle, MS SQL Server and PostGIS along with XML, JSON and HTML
- Self-motivated team player with strong problem-solving skills and importantly, a proactive attitude towards taking responsibility
- You should have a genuine and proven interest in technology
- A full valid drivers license
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- Candidates will already have one or more of Safe Software’s FME Certifications or have the desire to quickly achieve and maintain these professional certifications
- Experience with the 1Spatial product suite.
- Experience in public speaking and/or delivering training classes
- Experience of the Esri product stack, Python programming and\or Regular Expressions
- Experience of Amazon Web Services (AWS) and/or MS Azure cloud data services
- Virtual IT environments
- Linux OS
- Australian Citizen preferred but not a requirement.
What we can offer
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working arrangements
- 20 Days annual leave
- Option to buy and sell Annual leave
- Above Award Maternity and Paternity leave
- Opportunities for travel
- Active social program
- Regular wellbeing activities
Are you interested?
Please send a covering letter and CV/resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you require further information or would like an informal chat about the role, please contact
email@example.com who will arrange a meeting.