1Edit – a revolution in spatial data editing
1Edit is a powerful spatial vector data editing application, which enables you to quickly and effectively edit 2D and 2.5D real-world data with a high level of quality assurance. It is designed to be used either in the field with a touch screen and survey devices, or in an office using a mouse and keyboard.
It ensures that data is correctly aligned and connected, provides automatic editing of shared geometry and highlights on-screen any features that do not conform to your business rules, as defined using 1Validate. It also allows change-only saving of data, supports rich real-world hierarchical data models, as well as intelligent management of inter-feature references.
“This innovative approach will provide OSi with greater flexibility and scalability for the future growth of our organisation, enhancing services, data quality and value to the State.”
Colin Bray, CEO | Ordnance Survey Ireland
1Edit can be used to:
- Edit 2D and 2.5D vector data using powerful and productive editing tools
- Integrate with field data collection devices such as GPS or Total Stations
- Edit in the office and in the field
- Maintain clean, topologically connected data with automatic maintenance of shared geometry
- Automatically apply validation rules to data as you edit
- Apply user-defined data maintenance behaviours to perform tasks automatically as you edit, such as setting attributes
- Use imagery/ortho photography as a backdrop
- Manage rich real-world hierarchical data models: Features with multiple geometries, nested values, multiple cardinality attributes and aggregate features
- Read data in rich formats such as GML, write back changes only
- Help the user discover and resolve conflicts detected by 1Transact
- Integrate with the 1Spatial Management Suite via a worklist for taking up and loading data, and for packaging and submitting changes
- Provides fast and fluid intuitive user interaction, via a Windows 8 user interface, reducing training time.
- Add value to your products by providing your clients with more accurate and higher-quality data
- Save time and money on data capture because of the inbuilt validation and powerful editing tools
- Reduce training costs by using a single application in the office and in the field
- Store and edit your data in a richer, future-proof way enabling delivery of flexible and valuable data to your clients.
1Edit being used to capture or update the geometries and attributes of features.
1Edit can collaborate with:
- 1Spatial Workflow to automatically manage data exchange, conflict resolution and data validation
- 1Exchange to receive required data for editing and submit change only update back to your database.
For more information about 1Edit or for help getting your data into shape and keeping it that way, please contact us.