Junior/Graduate Software Support Engineer
Location: Cambridge, UK
Employment Type: Permanent
Salary: Dependant on skills and experience plus an attractive benefits package
In every sector, organisations are using location data to make better decisions – increasing profits, maximizing efficiency and even saving lives. 1Spatial’s suite of solutions help our customers manage their complex spatial data. We are a rapidly growing global business with offices in Cambridge (UK), France, Australia, America, Ireland and Belgium.
Would you be a good fit for the 1Spatial Customer Support team? We are looking for people with proven interest in in technology and who believe in the power of teamwork. We love people who are approachable, smart, innovative and agile and who care about learning and continuous improvement. You will be self-motivated, a problem solver and good at communication.
In this role you will be liaising with customers and managing day to day activities of multiple customer tasks simultaneously. You’ll get to develop a great working knowledge of our core products and tailored systems that are based on 1Spatial’s own products, third party products that we resell (including FME and Geocortex) as well as open source technology that we use to build our solutions. In order to do all this, you will work with the other great teams in the company including product management, consulting, development, testing and sales in a highly collaborative, agile environment.
- Required Skills and Experience:
• Excellent communication skills which will help build and maintain working relationships with customers and teams
• Self-motivated team player with strong problem-solving skills and a keen attitude towards taking responsibility
• GIS experience or relevant qualifications
• Ability for analysing system and software log files
• A methodical and consistent approach to reproducing software defects
- Desired Skills and Experience:
• Knowledge of SQL to help perform basic query (spatial and scalar)
• Practical experience of Linux via headless terminals
• Ability to recognise commercial opportunities and communicate them
• GIS applications including Esri, Geocortex, FME
• Experience with application servers
- What we can offer
• Competitive salary
• Flexible working hours
• 25 days annual leave
• Generous company pension scheme
• Group income protection scheme
• Private health insurance
• Free car parking
• Easy rail access
• Soft drinks and fruit
• Cycle to work scheme
• Active social programme
- Are you interested?