Agile Software Product Manager
Agile Software Product Manager – Aeronautical Products
Location: Cambridge, UK (currently home working due to Covid 19 restrictions, with mixture of office working when restrictions allow)
Employment Type: Permanent
1Spatial’s mission is to place location data at the heart of decision making for government and the commercial sector, enabling their services to deliver safer, sustainable and smarter communities. We are an award-winning global business with a passion for data and are leaders at implementing and supporting geospatial solutions.
We are looking for approachable, smart and innovative people to join our great teams in Cambridge (UK), Ireland, France, Belgium, Australia, USA and Tunisia.
Would you be a good fit for the Aeronautical Development team?
1Spatial’s aeronautical development team is responsible for developing bespoke applications within the aeronautical sector. We are looking for people to join an exciting programme that will deliver state of the art data management and data integrations products to the aeronautical and defence industry. As part of this team, you will help 1Spatial deliver its next generation aeronautical products that will provide insight to make aviation safer, smarter and more sustainable. By joining our talented aeronautical teams, you will be part of a programme of work that is central to 1Spatial’s growth strategy.
We are looking for an experienced Product Manager to guide our aeronautical applications development team to deliver our product strategy and goals.
As a Product Manager, you will work with our customers and users to understand their needs, and how these needs can be turned into requirements. You will communicate the goal and requirements to the development team and work with the team to deliver. You will own the team’s backlog, prioritising product and solution features and planning the releases.
The successful candidate will have great communication skills to work with development teams as well as others inside and outside the organisation. They will be able to support their team with their vision and understanding of our market, our customers and our business.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Proven experience in working as a Product Manager or similar role in software development
- Experience of working for customers in the defence and/or aeronautical data sector
- Strong understanding of technical needs from pre- to post-sales
- Excellent technical and non-technical communication skills
- Experience of both waterfall and agile (SAFe) development methodologies
- Managing products with extensive security requirements
- Managing products with high levels of quality standards and controls
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Experience and familiarity with the following would be great:
- GIS (Geographic Information Systems)
- Agile development workflow tools (e.g. JIRA)
What we can offer:
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working hours
- 25 days annual leave
- Generous company pension scheme
- Group income protection scheme
- Private health insurance
- Buying/selling annual leave
- Free car parking
- Easy rail access
- Soft drinks and fruit
- Cycle to work scheme
- Active social programme
- Health Cash Plan
- Personal Development Allowance
Are you interested?
Please send a covering letter and CV/resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.