Automation Tester (Java)
Automation Tester (Java)
Location: Cambridge, UK (currently working from home due to Covid 19 restrictions, hybrid model of work available upon return to normal work circumstances)
Employment Type: Full time, Permanent
In every sector, organisations are using location data to make better decisions – improving services, maximizing efficiency, and even saving lives. We are a global leader in providing software, solutions, and business applications for managing location and geospatial data. We are a rapidly growing global business with offices in Cambridge (UK), France, Australia, USA, Ireland, Belgium and Tunisia. Our 1Spatial Location Master Data Management (LMDM) platform delivers powerful data solutions and focused business applications on-premise, on-mobile and in the cloud.
Would you be a good fit to the 1Spatial Development team? We are looking for people with proven interest in technology, commitment to agile software development good practice and belief in the power of teamwork. We love people who are approachable, smart, innovative, and agile and who care about learning and continuous improvement. You will be a self-motivated problem solver with good communication skills.
Why join 1Spatial? Our people are the heart of 1Spatial. When you join us, we’ll support your professionalism, dedication and aspirations through a positive, extremely flexible, and inclusive working environment built on a foundation of mutual trust and respect.
Our team ethos is not only demonstrated by our on-going commitment to equality and diversity but is also reflected in our open office space which encourages conversation, cooperation, and collaboration between colleagues at every level in every department.
You will join a team that helps enhance and maintain 1Spatial’s Location Master Data Management Platform. These are based on a rules engine accessing data stored in an object-oriented, versioned geospatial database. As an Automation Tester, you will understand how to thrive within agile cross-functional teams and ensure the team build quality in. You are passionate about continuous improvement and confident collaborating with developers and in the wider testing community. You are skilled as a hands-on tester within the team and working cross team in developing and improving test automation infrastructure.
You will be responsible for:
- Working within agile processes for short cycle, fast-paced deliveries.
- Contributing to a cross functional team of developers, testers and product managers to deliver automated tests and sign off releases of enhancements and new features for 1Spatial’s Location Master Data Management Platform.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Proven knowledge of the fundamental concepts of software testing
- Working knowledge and ability to create clean, well-structured test code in Java
- Experience using:
- Automated testing tools and frameworks like JUnit, TestNG, Selenium and/or RestAssured
- Subversion tooling (GIT)
- Continuous integration environment and build tools (Jenkins/Hudson, TeamCity, Maven)
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- Experience using or keen interest in GIS tools and systems
- Database technologies and scripting to create and validate data
What we can offer
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working hours
- 25 days annual leave
- Generous company pension scheme
- Group income protection scheme
- Private health insurance
- Free car parking
- Easy rail access
- Soft drinks and fruit
- Cycle to work scheme
- Active social programme
- Buying/selling annual leave
- Health cash plan
- Personal Development Allowance
Are you interested?