Location: Cambridge, UK or home based (current working from home due to Covid restrictions, hybrid model of work available upon return to normal work environment)
Employment Type: Full time, Permanent
Salary: Competitive, details will be made available upon first contact
In every sector, organisations are using location data to make better decisions – improving services, maximizing efficiency and even saving lives. 1Spatial’s suite of solutions help our customers manage their complex geospatial data. We are a rapidly growing global business with offices in Cambridge (UK), France, Australia, USA, Ireland, Belgium and Tunisia.
The Geocortex Team at 1Spatial specialise in helping customers build and configure powerful web mapping and GIS applications. We work on small projects through larger projects that may run for a few months, in many sectors including Government, Utilities and Transport. The work is varied and may involve you working on your own or as part of a larger team. We are also responsible for product training, webinars and attending industry events.
Would you be a good fit for the 1Spatial Consultancy team?
We are looking for Consultants who will be working with our customers to help build web-based mapping applications for Esri’s ArcGIS platform and solve their data-centric problems. The roles are varied and interesting and there will be a requirement for regular travel both in the UK and, potentially, globally. 1Spatial is a rapidly growing business and therefore personal development opportunities and prospects for promotion are high for the right candidates. Once COVID-19 restrictions permit, you will be required to travel and undertake project work on clients’ sites, and therefore use of a car is essential.
You will be responsible for:
As a Consultant at 1Spatial, you will have two main roles. Your primary responsibility will be around delivering consultancy-led projects. Secondly, you will also be working in cooperation with the sales and marketing teams to identify opportunities, construct demonstrations and deliver presentations to win business. You will help plan, define, and deliver solutions that enable our customers to deliver spatial data and applications across web-based infrastructure, and that automate the modification, management and re-use of complex data, specifically:
- Working on consultancy-led projects focused on:
- designing/developing customised GIS applications, mainly on the ArcGIS platform, for customers
- spatial data management
- Supporting the 1Spatial Sales Team with insightful contributions
- Working with1Spatial customers and community to assist in identifying opportunities where 1Spatial can add value and allow them to meet their needs
Required Skills & Experience:
- Ideally, relevant degree in subject such as GIS, Geography
- Knowledge of spatial technologies, especially the ArcGIS Platform
- Pragmatic approach to problem solving, with strong customer facing and communication skills, strong analytical skills, and excellent attention to detail
- Capable of self-management
- Keen to learn, develop own skill sets and gain experience
- Keen to help others in the team develop their skills
Desirable Skills & Experience:
- Experience developing in an Esri ArcGIS environment, specifically ArcGIS
- Server/ArcGIS Enterprise, ArcGIS Pro and Web App Builder and FME
- Knowledge of the following software, Geocortex product suite, ArcGIS Pro, Webapp Builder.
- Knowledge of working in cloud environments (AWS / Azure)
- Knowledge and experience of Microsoft Server and IIS
- Knowledge of Agile principles
What we can offer
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working hours
- 25 days annual leave
- Generous company pension scheme
- Group income protection scheme
- Private health insurance
- Free car parking
- Easy rail access
- Soft drinks and fruit
- Cycle to work scheme
- Active social programme
- Buying/selling annual leave
- Health cash plan
- Personal Development Allowance
Are you interested?