Graduate Spatial Data Consultants
Graduate Spatial Data Consultants
Number of vacancies: Multiple
Location: Cambridge, UK (current working from home due to Covid restrictions, hybrid model of work available upon return to normal work environment)
Employment Type: Full time, Permanent
Salary: Competitive, details will be made available upon first contact
In every sector, organisations are using location data to make better decisions – improving services, maximizing efficiency and even saving lives. 1Spatial’s suite of solutions help our customers manage their complex geospatial data. We are a rapidly growing global business with offices in Cambridge (UK), France, Australia, USA, Ireland, Belgium and Tunisia.
Would you be a good fit for the 1Spatial Consultancy team? We are looking for people who are approachable, smart and innovative and who care about learning and continuous improvement. You will be a self-motivated problem solver with good communication skills.
You will be initially working on an exciting national strategic project for which 1Spatial are delivering. Beyond this project, there may be opportunity to become involved in other geospatial consultancy projects; working with data from different industries in both spatial and non-spatial formats. There may be a requirement for travel to customer locations.
You will be responsible for:
As a consultant at 1Spatial, you will be working with a team tasked with delivering data transformation and data ingestion capability. You will often be working closely with our data owners and project partners, so a confident, engaging customer-facing persona is required.
The data transformation and data ingestion work will primarily utilise 1Spatial’s own rules-based solutions, third party products such as FME from Safe Software, and open-source technology including QGIS and PostGIS.
Required Skills and experience
- Ideally, a degree in a relevant Geographical or Data focussed discipline
- Pragmatic approach to problem solving, with strong customer-facing skills, strong analytical skills, and attention to detail
- Experience of data structures and basic data analysis
- Capability to self-manage
- Keenness to learn, develop your skills and gain experience
- Enthusiasm to help others in the team develop their own skills
- Hold or be prepared to be screened for BPSS (Baseline Personnel Security Standard) and Counter Terrorist check (CTC)
Desirable skills and experience:
- Knowledge of spatial technologies and spatial data e.g. 1Integrate, FME, QGIS, ArcGIS or other GIS tools
- Knowledge of underground asset data models, for example utility networks
- Any previous experience with development or data processing languages such as Python, R, and SQL
What we can offer
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working hours
- 25 days annual leave
- Generous company pension scheme
- Group income protection scheme
- Private health insurance
- Health Cash Plan
- Buying/selling annual leave
- Cycle to work scheme
- Personal Development Allowance to support your Continuous Professional Development
- Active social programme including both virtual and in-person events
- Enhanced maternity & Paternity pay
- Maternal support & Wellbeing
When we return to our spacious open plan office, you will also benefit from:
- Free car parking
- Easy rail access
- Soft drinks and fruit
Please send a covering letter and CV/resume to email@example.com
If you require further information or would like an informal chat about the role, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we will arrange for you to speak with the hiring manager.
We require that all candidates are able to demonstrate their eligibility to work in the UK.