IT Systems Administrator
IT Systems Administrator
Location: Cambridge, UK (currently work from home, with hybrid model of work on offer upon return to normal work circumstances)
Employment Type: Full time, Permanent
In every sector, organisations are using location data to make better decisions – improving services, maximizing efficiency and even saving lives. 1Spatial’s suite of solutions help our customers manage their complex geospatial data. We are a growing global business with offices in Cambridge (UK), France, Australia, USA, Ireland, Belgium and Tunisia.
Would you be a good fit to the 1Spatial IT and Infrastructure team? We are looking for people with proven interest in technology, commitment to agile practice and belief in the power of teamwork. We love people who are approachable, smart, innovative and agile and who care about learning and continuous improvement. You will be a self-motivated problem solver with good communication skills.
In this role you will work within the IT and Infrastructure team to assist with the smooth running of the company’s computer systems. As a System Administrator you will work with IT Team in keeping the company’s data and systems safe and ensuring the Development Teams have all the right access to all the right tools at the right times. You will also help troubleshoot problems, and diagnose issues relating to any IT tasks with the other teams in the company including sales, finance, consulting, HR and project management.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Knowledgeable in areas including
- Basic networking
- Software, Hardware and Licensing
- Security and Resilience
- Windows Administration
- Microsoft 365 Administration
- Microsoft Azure Administration
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrable analytical, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated team player with a keen attitude towards taking responsibility
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Linux Administration
- Databases (Oracle, Postgres or Microsoft SQL Server)
- A strong appreciation for automation
- Virtual Machine Technologies
- Anti-virus/malware management
- ISO 27001 standard
What we can offer
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working hours
- 25 days annual leave
- Generous company pension scheme
- Group income protection scheme
- Private health insurance
- Health Cash Plan
- Buying/selling annual leave
- Cycle to work scheme
- Personal Development Allowance to support your Continuous Professional Development
- Active social programme including both virtual and in-person events
- Enhanced maternity & Paternity pay
- Maternal support & Wellbeing
When we return to our spacious open plan office, you will also benefit from:
- Free car parking
- Easy rail access
- Soft drinks and fruit
Read more on our Careers site - https://1spatial.com/careers
Please send a covering letter and CV/resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you require further information or would like an informal chat about the role, please contact email@example.com and we will arrange for you to speak with the hiring manager.
We require that all candidates are able to demonstrate their eligibility to work in the UK.