Location: Cambridge, UK (Currently home based due to pandemic restrictions, hybrid model of working available upon return to normal circumstances)
Employment Type: Permanent
1Spatial’s mission is to place location data at the heart of decision making for government and the commercial sector, enabling their services to deliver safer, sustainable and smarter communities. We are an award-winning global business with a passion for data and are leaders at implementing and supporting geospatial solutions.
We are looking for approachable, smart and innovative people to join our great teams in Cambridge (UK), Ireland, France, Belgium, Australia, USA and Tunisia.
Would you be a good fit for 1Spatial’s Aeronautical Development team?
1Spatial’s aeronautical development team is responsible for developing bespoke applications within the aeronautical sector. We are looking for people to join an exciting programme that will deliver state of the art data management and data integrations products to the aeronautical and defence industry. As part of this team, you will help 1Spatial deliver its next generation aeronautical products that will provide insight to make aviation safer, smarter and more sustainable. By joining our talented aeronautical teams, you will be part of a programme of work that is central to 1Spatial’s growth strategy.
As a Lead Developer as part this programme you will be responsible for:
- Leading the design, architecture, development, and delivery of new aeronautical web applications.
- Collaborating with the programme architect and other leads on the requirements analysis, design, and delivery of a new aeronautical data management system, including several new products.
- Hands-on leadership of the development teams in delivering products using best practices in:
- Web Application Development
- UI/UX Design
- Data quality
- Authentication and role management
- Scalability and Resilience
Required Skills and Experience:
- Design and delivery experience in web-based and ideally cloud-based applications.
- Proficiency in leading the development of React based applications (using TypeScript).
- Proficiency in back-end development using Java.
- Experience in continuous integration and delivery practices.
- Proven UI/UX design aptitude.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Aeronautical, Government or Defence sector experience.
- Experience of data manipulation and handling large and complex data sets, including querying relational databases using SQL.
- Experience working with multiple development streams in different geographical locations.
- Fluency in best practices for integration with server-side service-oriented architecture systems.
- Experience in deploying to cloud provider infrastructure (AWS or Azure).
What we can offer:
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working hours
- 25 days annual leave
- Generous company pension scheme
- Group income protection scheme
- Private health insurance
- Buying/selling annual leave
- Free car parking
- Easy rail access
- Soft drinks and fruit
- Cycle to work scheme
- Active social programme
- Health Cash Plan
- Personal Development Allowance
Are you interested?
Please send a covering letter and CV/resume to email@example.com.