Lead Full stack Developer
Lead Full stack Developer
Employment type: Full time, Permanent
Job location: Cambridge office, UK/Hybrid/Remote in England (must be willing to commute to Cambridge office at least twice a month)
1Spatial is leading the world’s digital revolution in Geospatial Information Management. Whether mapping the natural world or building infrastructure, our systems sit at the heart of the programmes that aim to maximise efficiency of managing complex spatial data and contributing to the world’s solutions for reducing human environmental impact on our planet, enabling more sustainable utility asset management that underpin many of the things we take for granted such as water, energy, telecommunications, and their security. Our award-winning powerful technology helps organisations take cost-effective control of their spatial and non-spatial data throughout its lifecycle, making it fit for purpose, compliant, and of a consistent quality to enable their services to deliver safer, smarter, and sustainable communities. We are headquartered in Cambridge, UK, with operations in the UK, Ireland, USA, France, Belgium, Tunisia, and Australia.
Our Development Team:
Our UK office is the heart of our Product Development and our biggest Development Hub, with a strong team of 40+ developers, testers, product owners, technical authors, machine learning specialists and UI/UX designers. We are looking to grow our team to make our latest innovation initiatives a reality. Our autonomous cross-functional teams plan, develop, test and deliver powerful enterprise systems and web, mobile, desktop and cloud applications using well established but continuously improving industry standard practices, languages, tools and platforms. We have two main streams of application development - Java and C#, underpinned by our patented rules engine technology and a proprietary object-oriented database and data processing core. These are, empowered by front-end technologies such as React and Xamarin and integrated by powerful DevOps pipelines along with a breadth of stream specific automated testing.
Join us and shape the future of our new development team responsible for developing greenfield products and systems for the aeronautical sector! We are looking for people to join this exciting initiative that will deliver state of the art data management and integration products to the aeronautical and defence industry. As a Lead Developer you will be responsible for:
- Leading the design, architecture, development, and delivery of new aeronautical web applications.
- Collaborating with the programme architect and other leads on the requirements analysis, design, and delivery of a new aeronautical data management system, including several new products.
- Hands-on leadership of the development teams in delivering products using best practices in:
- Web Application Development
- UI/UX Design
- Data quality
- Authentication and role management
- Scalability and Resilience
Required Skills and Experience:
- Design and delivery experience in web-based and ideally cloud-based applications.
- Proficiency in leading the development of React based applications (using TypeScript).
- Proficiency in back-end development using Java.
- Experience in continuous integration and delivery practices.
- Proven UI/UX design aptitude.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Aeronautical, Government or Defence sector experience.
- Experience of data manipulation and handling large and complex data sets, including querying relational databases using SQL.
- Experience working with multiple development streams in different geographical locations.
- Fluency in best practices for integration with server-side service-oriented architecture systems.
- Experience in deploying to cloud provider infrastructure (AWS or Azure).
What we can offer
- Fantastic opportunity to work on game changing technologies for the traffic sector - working on this product line and in this team also offers unparalleled potential for you to bring fresh ideas to a new, dynamic, and highly entrepreneurial part of our business.
- Long-term career prospects with opportunities to develop – the job is what you make it!
- Friendly and collaborative environment where every 1Team member is treated with trust and respect.
- Flexible work hours and location - remote, hybrid or office based in Cambridge offices.
In addition to…
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working hours
- 25 days annual leave
- Generous company pension scheme
- Group income protection scheme
- Private health insurance
- Health Cash Plan
- Buying/selling annual leave
- Cycle to work scheme
- Personal Development Allowance to support your Continuous Professional Development
- Active social programme including both virtual and in-person events
- Enhanced maternity & Paternity pay
- Maternal support & Wellbeing
Read more on our Careers site - https://1spatial.com/careers
Please send a covering letter and CV/resume to email@example.com.
If you require further information or would like an informal chat about the role, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we will arrange for you to speak with the hiring manager.
We require that all candidates are able to demonstrate their eligibility to work in the UK.