Managing Consultant - Spatial Data
Location: Flexible, within England (with the ability to reliably commute to company’s office based in Cambridge, UK, based on work requirements)
Employment Type: Full time, Permanent
Salary: Competitive, details will be made available upon first contact
In every sector, organisations are using location data to make better decisions – improving services, maximising efficiency and even saving lives. 1Spatial’s suite of solutions help our customers manage their complex geospatial data. We are a rapidly growing global business with offices in Cambridge (UK), France, Australia, USA, Ireland, Belgium and Tunisia.
1Spatial’s consulting team are responsible for successfully delivering customer focussed projects; being involved throughout a project lifecycle from presales through to transition to BAU. They take on technical ownership and accountability for projects and relationships with the customer.
Would you be a good fit for the 1Spatial Consultancy team?
In this role, we are looking for people with proven interest in delivering complex data projects on time and to budget, whilst being committed to meeting our customer’s requirements and quality criteria, and who believe in the power of teamwork. You will be liaising with a specific government customer, managing day to day technical activities for a specific project required to achieve a successful delivery. You will be responsible for progressively building and managing working with multiple teams as the project evolves. You will engage with stakeholders from 1Spatial, project partners and the customer. We love people who are approachable, smart, innovative and agile and who care about learning and continuous improvement.
The successful candidate will be an excellent problem solver with the ability to look at issues from a different perspective in order to solve them. You will have great communication skills to work with teams, inside and outside the organisation.
You will be responsible for:
- Technically leading and delivering a service led project focused on spatial data quality, management, extraction, transformation and loading:
- You will use your technical know-how to guide stakeholders in decision making
- You will work with your team to plan and guide the delivery of the solution and ongoing work
- Building and managing teams of consultants and mentoring individuals for career progression.
- Identifying opportunities for further work through the project.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Proven experience working as a consultant with spatial data, ideally with a knowledge of ETL (extract, transform, load) processes
- Knowledge and practical experience of Geographical Information Systems (GIS) (e.g., FME, ArcGIS, QGIS)
- Database knowledge, administration and development (e.g., Oracle, Postgres, SQL Server, ArcSDE)
- Proven experience of leading and mentoring teams of consultants
- Experience of agile delivery (e.g., Scrum) and undertaking roles such as Scrum Master
- Good customer liaison and handling skills
- Hold or be prepared to be screened for BPSS (Baseline Personnel Security Standard) with the possibility of also needing CTC (Counter Terrorism Check) clearance
What we can offer
• Competitive salary
• Flexible working hours
• 25 days annual leave
• Generous company pension scheme
• Group income protection scheme
• Private health insurance
• Health Cash Plan
• Buying/selling annual leave
• Cycle to work scheme
• Personal Development Allowance to support your Continuous Professional Development
• Active social programme including both virtual and in-person events
When we return to our spacious open plan office, you will also benefit from:
• Free car parking
• Easy rail access
• Soft drinks and fruit
Please send a covering letter and CV/resume to email@example.com, mentioning the Job code: 1SPA0001
If you require further information or would like an informal chat about the role, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we will arrange for you to speak with the hiring manager.
We require that all candidates are able to demonstrate their eligibility to work in the UK.