Pre-Sales Consultant - GIS
Pre-Sales Consultant - GIS
Location: England (with the ability to reliably commute to company’s office based in Cambridge, UK, when required)
Employment Type: Full time, Permanent
In every sector, organisations are using location data to make better decisions – improving services, maximising efficiency and even saving lives. 1Spatial’s suite of solutions help our customers manage their complex geospatial data. We are a growing global business with offices in Cambridge (UK), France, Australia, USA, Ireland, Belgium and Tunisia.
The main focus of the Pre-Sales team is to act as a centralised function within 1Spatial to assist the sales teams with providing technical based input to support external customer facing relationships and revenue opportunities. The team also has the role of being the central coordination point for pre-sales projects to assist internal operational planning and delivery teams. A Pre-Sales consultant will take technical ownership and accountability for pre-sales engagements and technical relationships with the customer, from first engagement through to opportunity close and hand over to delivery consultants.
Would you be a good fit for the 1Spatial Pre-Sales team?
A 1Spatial Pre-Sales Consultant will have a broad set of responsibilities and will work in collaboration with multiple 1Spatial departments and external clients across 1Spatial’s three primary client industries. Responsibilities will include working with Account Managers to build out sales collateral and deliver demos, working with pursuit teams to capture requirements, working with bid teams to draft up technical responses, working with Marketing to create content and working with the products team to construct demos and researching trending technologies or emerging geospatial methods to feed back to the Head of Pre-Sales. The successful candidate will develop a fundamental appreciation of spatial data quality, management, extraction, transformation and conflation processes and build a level of commercial acumen to help identify future commercial opportunities.
As a highly pro-active consultative role, it involves significant engagement with customers. Clearly listening to, accurately interpreting and capturing, then relying in detail, the customers’ requirements and drivers to internal delivery teams is a key responsibility for this role. As such, it will require an ability to understand their business processes, their geospatial data challenges their data journey plus their existing architectures and integrated systems.
1Spatial is a growing business, and pre-sales is a critical function in supporting this. It is fast paced, dynamic and multi-disciplinary, so the pre-sales consultant will also need to multitask effectively, efficiently manage time and work to deadlines.
You will be responsible for:
- Working with the relevant Account Managers providing Pre-Sales technical support to demonstrate how a customer’s geospatial challenges can be addressed using 1Spatial and 3rd party technologies
- Gathering and analysing customer’s business requirements (such as use cases and data cases) to ensure that their needs can be clearly communicated internally
- Understanding the business issues and data challenges faced by our customers. Identifying which products and/or resources from 1Spatial’s portfolio are the most appropriate for solving a customer’s specific business challenge.
- Leading pre-sales engagements focused on spatial data quality, management, extraction, transformation and conflation.
- Maintaining awareness of industry trends across all relevant vertical sectors via horizon scanning to identify potential target applications for Location Data Management solutions.
- Assisting with the production of technical scopes of work, including preparation of cost estimates and proposals for review and authorisation by the relevant delivery Heads.
Required Skills and Experience:
- 1 to 2 years’ experience of working with spatial data, technical sales or a business analyst, ideally with a knowledge of ETL (extract, transform, load) processes
- Excellent communication skills, being a good customer liaison and handling skills
- A high attention to detail
- Time management skills, with the ability to balance multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- Knowledge and practical experience of using Geographical Information Systems (GIS) (e.g. ArcGIS, Smallworld, QGIS, Geocortex, FME)
- Must, hold or be prepared to be screened for BPSS (Baseline Personnel Security Standard)
- Willingness to regularly travel (currently restricted due to pandemic situation)
- Hard working, enthusiastic ‘can do’ attitude with a focus to deliver the best outcomes
- An understanding a spatial data standards and modelling
- Knowledge of requirement gathering processes desirable
- A working knowledge of consultative sales methods
- Experience as a data analyst
What we can offer
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working hours
- 25 days annual leave
- Generous company pension scheme
- Group income protection scheme
- Private health insurance
- Health Cash Plan
- Buying/selling annual leave
- Cycle to work scheme
- Personal Development Allowance to support your Continuous Professional Development
- Active social programme including both virtual and in-person events
When we return to our spacious open plan office, you will also benefit from:
- Free car parking
- Easy rail access
- Soft drinks and fruit
Are you interested?
Please send a covering letter and CV/resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.