Principal GIS Consultant
Principle GIS Consultant
Location: Cambridge, UK or home based (current working from home due to Covid restrictions, hybrid model of work available upon return to normal work environment)
Employment Type: Full time, Permanent
Salary: Competitive, details will be made available upon first contact
In every sector, organisations are using location data to make better decisions – improving services, maximising efficiency and even saving lives. 1Spatial’s suite of solutions help our customers manage their complex geospatial data. We are a rapidly growing global business with offices in Cambridge (UK), France, Australia, USA, Ireland, Belgium and Tunisia.
1Spatial’s consulting team are responsible for successfully delivering customer focussed projects; being involved throughout a project lifecycle from presales through to transition to BAU. They take on technical ownership and accountability for projects and relationships with the customer.
Would you be a good fit for the 1Spatial Consultancy team? We are looking for people with an interest in spatial data and technology, commitment to the delivery of service through agile methodologies and belief in the power of teamwork. We love people who are approachable, smart, innovative and agile and who care about learning and continuous improvement.
The successful candidate will be an excellent problem solver with the ability to look at issues from a different perspective in order to solve them. You will have great communication skills to work with teams, inside and outside the organisation.
The role will be varied and likely require travel throughout the UK and potentially globally (subject to COVID restrictions permitting).
You will be responsible for:
As a principal consultant at 1Spatial, you will have three main roles.
- Leading and delivering consulting projects focused on spatial data quality, management, extraction, transformation and loading - You will use your technical know-how to guide stakeholders in decision making and so developing our relationships with customers. You will be able to analyse a problem, design a solution and then working with your team, plan how that solution will be delivered.
- Mentoring team members.
- Working with the sales team to identify opportunities, construct demonstrations and deliver presentations to win business - You will understand 1Spatial’s strategic vision and be able to communicate that in context to existing and potential customers.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Proven experience working as a consultant with spatial data
- GIS knowledge and practical experience (e.g. FME, ArcGIS, QGIS, GeoServer)
- Database knowledge, administration and development (e.g. Oracle, Postgres, SQL Server, ArcSDE)
- Experience of agile delivery (e.g. Scrum)
- Strong understanding of technical needs from pre- to post-sales
What we can offer
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working hours
- 25 days annual leave
- Generous company pension scheme
- Group income protection scheme
- Private health insurance
- Free car parking
- Easy rail access
- Soft drinks and fruit
- Cycle to work scheme
- Active social programme
- Buying/selling annual leave
- Health cash plan
- Personal Development Allowance
Are you interested?