Sales Account Manager - Public Sector
Sales Account Manager - Public Sector
Location: UK (Cambridge office or Remote working from home)
Employment type: Full time, Permanent
In every sector, organisations are using location data to make better decisions, improving services, maximizing efficiency, and even saving lives. Geospatial data is driving economies around the world and 1Spatial’s suite of solutions help our customers manage their complex geospatial data. We are a rapidly growing global business with offices in Cambridge (UK), France, Australia, USA, Ireland, Belgium and Tunisia.
1Spatial’s performance success lies in over-achieving the expectations of its customers and meeting sales targets through a dedicated and professional sales team with primary objective of understanding how data technology can improve business prospects for the industry.
Would you be a good fit for the 1Spatial Sales team?
We are looking for a sales professional to join our UK public sector sales team who can demonstrate a pedigree in delivering solution sales to enterprise customers. The role will especially suit a person who has previously built a successful sales career at a software supplier or system integrator, delivering location-based data solutions either directly or via partners.
Our Public Sector sales team is experiencing rapid growth providing a perfect opportunity for an individual with a collaborative style and entrepreneurial flair to manage customer accounts, whilst simultaneously apply strategic selling techniques to develop new accounts.
As a self-starter your focus will be to identify and close prospective business in line with 1Spatial’s ‘Land and Expand’ strategy whilst having the support of a successful sales, pre-sales and marketing teams behind you.
You will be responsible for:
As part of the ‘Land and Expand’ strategy you will be:
- Assigned several existing central government accounts to mature and expand
- Identifying new public sector organisation develop over time onto new opportunities
- Working with 1Spatial’s Product Solution team to create compelling Go To Market campaigns to achieve improved recurring revenue for the Public Sector sales team
- Working with the public sector vertical Head, to develop a 3-year growth plan identifying objectives and actions and ensuring progress is reviewed and monitored
- Taking responsibility for creating and managing a pipeline of sales opportunities throughout the year with sufficient revenue coverage to meet the required annual revenue target
- Building 'C' Level Executive relationships within customers and show the ability to fully understand a customer's budget cycle and work with them to set budgets for future procurements of 1Spatial solutions
- Identifying and responding to tenders and be adept at writing proposals that summarise the customer's needs and clearly communicates the vision for how our solution can uniquely solve their requirements
- Negotiating contracts covering product licence, fixed price development services and managed services contracts
- Becoming an expert in several sectors within the public sector, our product and solutions that support that sector, the competition, and our prospective customers
Required Skills and experience:
- Proven account management experience across the public sector
- Track recording of achieving sales targets
- Experience in selling software products and solutions
- Relevant qualification, knowledge or experience of geospatial applications, Spatial Data Infrastructures (SDI), GIS or geospatial data
- Building networks and new relationships
- Ability to build strong relationships with counterparts in Delivery
- Willingness to travel extensively (currently restricted due to pandemic situation)
- Enthusiastic ‘can do’ attitude with a focus to deliver the best outcomes for their customers
- Hard working, results driven, motivated by success
Desired Skills and experience:
- Knowledge of geospatial data management in the public sector
- Knowledge of ETL products used across the public sector (e.g. Safe Software FME, Geocortex)
What we can offer
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working hours
- 25 days annual leave
- Generous company pension scheme
- Group income protection scheme
- Private health insurance
- Health Cash Plan
- Buying/selling annual leave
- Cycle to work scheme
- Personal Development Allowance to support your Continuous Professional Development
- Active social programme including both virtual and in-person events
When we return to our spacious open plan office, you will also benefit from:
- Free car parking
- Easy rail access
- Soft drinks and fruit
Are you interested?
Please send a covering letter and CV/resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.