Senior Account Manager - Utilities
Location: UK (Cambridge office or Remote working from home)
Employment type: Full time, Permanent
In every sector, organisations are using location data to make better decisions – increasing profits, maximising efficiency and even saving lives. Data is driving economies around the world and 1Spatial’s suite of solutions help our customers manage their complex geospatial data. We are a rapidly growing global business with offices in Cambridge (UK), France, Australia, USA, Ireland, Belgium and Tunisia.
1Spatial’s success lies in exceeding the expectations of its customers and meeting sales targets through a dedicated and professional sales team. Our objective is to help customers understand how data and technology can revolutionise their organisations, their sector and wider society.
Would you be a good fit for the 1Spatial Sales team?
We are looking for exceptional individuals who demonstrate sales excellence, innovation, a deep understanding of digital technology and collaborative behaviours to help grow our UK Utilities Team. Alongside our carefully chosen partners, 1Spatial is at the forefront of some of the most innovative and transformational utility projects in the UK.
This role offers an exciting opportunity to play a pivotal role in 1Spatial’s growth strategy by identifying and developing value propositions for the Utilities sector. You should therefore have a proven track record of exceeding sales targets and have experience of bringing new propositions to market.
As a Senior Account Manager your primary focus will be contributing to the overall growth of the UK Utilities vertical. Along with the rest of the sales team, you will be responsible for identifying and closing prospective business in line with 1Spatial’s growth strategy.
Exceptional customer service is what differentiates 1Spatial. Therefore, candidates would be expected to demonstrate excellent customer relationship skills that result in retention, new revenue and increased profitability of client accounts.
You will be responsible for:
- Identifying and securing new customer accounts to meet new sales revenue targets.
- Meeting existing account revenue targets through the closure of software, services and maintenance contracts within existing accounts.
- Taking responsibility for creating and managing a pipeline of sales opportunities throughout the year with sufficient revenue coverage to meet the required annual revenue target.
- Building strong and enduring relationships with key stakeholders within assigned accounts.
- Qualifying all opportunities and collaborating with 1Spatial’s Products Team to develop innovative solutions for customers.
- Leading the response to competitive tenders, delivering customer proposals and delivering presentations.
- Where required, this will include coordinating support fromcolleagues and partners.
- Working with the Vertical Lead and Marketing Team to ensure your account strategies are supported with the appropriate marketing content.
- Maintaining clear and accurate sales forecasts in the CRM.
Required Skills and experience:
- Proven account management experience
- Sound knowledge of the UK Utilities Sector and industry drivers/trends (Gas, Water, Electricity, Renewables).
- Ability to achieve sales targets through the sale of software products and solutions.
- Experience of establishing key partnerships to drive joint opportunities.
- Willingness to travel extensively (currently restricted due to pandemic situation).
- Enthusiasm to achieve results in a growing, ambitious, and innovative team.
- Hard working, results driven, motivated by success.
Desired Skills and experience:
- Experience of the Renewable Energy market.
- A general level of knowledge of the GIS industry.
- Knowledge of ArcGIS products.
- Data management experience.
What we can offer
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working hours
- 25 days annual leave
- Generous company pension scheme
- Group income protection scheme
- Private health insurance
- Free car parking
- Easy rail access
- Soft drinks and fruit
- Cycle to work scheme
- Active social programme
- Buying/selling annual leave
- Health cash plan
- Personal Development Allowance
Are you interested?