Senior Account Manager - Utilities
Senior Account Manager - Utilities
Location: UK (Cambridge office or Remote working from home)
Employment type: Full time, Permanent
Offered Salary: Competitive, details will be made available upon first contact
1Spatial is leading the world’s digital revolution in Geospatial Information Management. Whether mapping the natural world or building infrastructure, our systems sit at the heart of the programmes that aim to maximise efficiency of managing complex spatial data and contributing to the world’s solutions for reducing human environmental impact on our planet, enabling more sustainable utility asset management that underpin many of the things we take for granted such as water, energy, telecommunications and their security. We are a rapidly growing global business with offices in Cambridge (UK), France, Australia, USA, Ireland, Belgium and Tunisia. 1Spatial’s success lies in exceeding the expectations of its customers and delivering significant business benefit from their data assets through its skilled, results driven sales team. Our objective is to help customers understand how data and technology can revolutionise their organisations, their sector and wider society.
Would you be a good fit for the 1Spatial Sales team?
We are looking for exceptional individuals who share our belief and our mission to create a better world for the future, and demonstrate sales excellence, innovation, a deep understanding of digital technology and collaborative behaviours to help grow our UK Utilities business in Gas, Electricity, Water, Renewables and Telecomms. Alongside our strategic partners, 1Spatial is at the forefront of some of the most innovative and transformational utility projects in the UK.
This role offers an exciting opportunity to play a pivotal role in 1Spatial’s growth strategy by identifying and developing value propositions for the Utilities sector while working in a team contributing to the overall growth of the UK Utilities vertical. You will have a proven track record of providing solutions to the UK Utility market, knowledge of the UK utility market, its trends and challenges plus have experience of bringing new propositions to market to expand existing account portfolio.
As exceptional customer service is what differentiates 1Spatial, you will be expected to demonstrate excellent customer relationship skills to ensure high levels of customer retention, new revenue and increased profitability from client accounts.
You will be responsible for:
- Identifying and securing new customer accounts against agreed targets.
- Achieving revenue targets through software, services and maintenance contracts from existing accounts.
- Taking responsibility for creating and managing a pipeline of sales opportunities
- Building strong and enduring relationships with key stakeholders within new accounts.
- Qualifying all opportunities and collaborating with 1Spatial’s Products Team to develop innovative solutions for customers.
- Writing competitive tenders, delivering customer proposals and presentations.
- Working with the Sector Lead and Marketing Team to ensure your account strategies are supported with the appropriate marketing content.
- Maintaining clear and accurate sales forecasts in the CRM.
Required Skills and experience:
- Knowledge of the UK Utilities Sector including industry drivers & trends
- Proven new business development and account management experience
- Ability to achieve sales targets of software products and solutions.
- Experience of establishing key partnerships to drive joint opportunities.
- Willingness to travel extensively within the UK
- Enthusiasm to achieve results in a growing, ambitious, and innovative team.
- Hard working, results driven, motivated by success.
Desired Skills and experience:
- A general level of knowledge of the GIS industry and Utility Network models.
- Knowledge of ArcGIS products.
- Data management experience.
What we can offer
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working hours
- 25 days annual leave
- Generous company pension scheme
- Group income protection scheme
- Private health insurance
- Health Cash Plan
- Buying/selling annual leave
- Cycle to work scheme
- Personal Development Allowance to support your Continuous Professional Development
- Active social programme including both virtual and in-person events
- Enhanced maternity & Paternity pay
- Maternal support & Wellbeing
Read more on our Careers site - https://1spatial.com/careers
Please send a covering letter and CV/resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you require further information or would like an informal chat about the role, please contact email@example.com and we will arrange for you to speak with the hiring manager.
We require that all candidates are able to demonstrate their eligibility to work in the UK.