Senior Automation Tester – 1streetworks
Senior Automation Tester – 1streetworks
Employment type: Full time, Permanent
Job location: Cambridge office, UK/Hybrid/Remote in England (must be willing to commute to Cambridge office at least twice a month)
Join us and shape the future with our new development team responsible for building some of our most exciting products to date. Our new line of products integrates business rules with mapping data for the management of street works, roads, and traffic. We are looking for people to join this exciting initiative that will deliver our first app in production 1streetworks - a cloud-based SaaS solution that automates the production of maps, associated equipment lists, and other data for street works. As a Senior Automation Tester, you will be contributing and to a cross functional Agile Scrum team of developers, testers, and product managers, as well as utilising and enhancing your existing skills in Java, Selenium, RestAssured, Docker and CI/CD tools and practices as well as learning new technologies. You will be a key ambassador to quality and will help 1Spatial deliver its next generation road and traffic management products that will provide insight to make our streets safer, smarter, and more sustainable.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Keen interest and experience in cloud development and testing tools and technologies.
- Passion for quality and clean maintainable code.
- Proven experience in writing test code in Java for automation frameworks using automated testing tools and frameworks like JUnit, TestNG, Selenium and/or RestAssured.
- Experience in front-end as well as RESTfull API testing.
- Experience in continuous integration and delivery practices and tools.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Experience of data manipulation and relational databases.
- Experience in deploying to cloud provider infrastructure (AWS or Azure).
- Experience in non-functional testing such as resilience, performance, load and security.
Our Development Team:
Our UK office is the heart of our Product Development and our biggest Development Hub, with a strong team of 40+ developers, testers, product owners, technical authors, machine learning specialists and UI/UX designers. We are looking to grow our team to make our latest innovation initiatives a reality. Our autonomous cross-functional teams plan, develop, test and deliver powerful enterprise systems and web, mobile, desktop and cloud applications using well established but continuously improving industry standard practices, languages, tools and platforms. We have two main streams of application development - Java and C#, underpinned by our patented rules engine technology and a proprietary object-oriented database and data processing core. These are, empowered by front-end technologies such as React and Xamarin and integrated by powerful DevOps pipelines along with a breadth of stream specific automated
1Spatial is leading the world’s digital revolution in Geospatial Information Management. Whether mapping the natural world or building infrastructure, our systems sit at the heart of the programmes that aim to maximise efficiency of managing complex spatial data and contributing to the world’s solutions for reducing human environmental impact on our planet, enabling more sustainable utility asset management that underpin many
of the things we take for granted such as water, energy, telecommunications, and their security. Our award-winning powerful technology helps organisations take cost-effective control of their spatial and non-spatial data throughout its lifecycle, making it fit for purpose, compliant, and of a consistent quality to enable their services to deliver safer, smarter, and sustainable communities. We are headquartered in Cambridge, UK, with
operations in the UK, Ireland, USA, France, Belgium, Tunisia, and Australia
What we can offer
- Fantastic opportunity to work on game changing technologies for the traffic sector -working on this product line and in this team also offers unparalleled potential for you to bring fresh ideas to a new, dynamic, and highly entrepreneurial part of our business.
- Long-term career prospects with opportunities to develop – the job is what you make it!
- Friendly and collaborative environment where every 1Team member is treated with trust and respect.
- Flexible work hours and location - remote, hybrid or office based in our Cambridge offices.
In addition to…
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working hours
- 25 days annual leave
- Generous company pension scheme
- Group income protection scheme
- Private health insurance
- Health Cash Plan
- Buying/selling annual leave
- Cycle to work scheme
- Personal Development Allowance to support your Continuous Professional Development
- Active social programme including both virtual and in-person events
- Enhanced maternity & Paternity pay
- Maternal support & Wellbeing
Read more on our Careers site - https://1spatial.com/careers
Please send a covering letter and CV/resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you require further information or would like an informal chat about the role, please contact email@example.com and we will arrange for you to speak with the hiring manager.
We require that all candidates are able to demonstrate their eligibility to work in the UK.