Senior GIS Support Specialist
Senior GIS Support Specialist
Location: Cambridge /Yorkshire/Work from home (with requirement to travel to Cambridge office and client site as and when required)
Employment type: Full time, Permanent
In every sector, organisations are using location data to make better decisions, improving services, maximising efficiency, and even saving lives. Geospatial data is driving economies around the world and 1Spatial’s suite of solutions help our customers manage their complex geospatial data. We are a rapidly growing global business with offices in Cambridge (UK), France, Australia, USA, Ireland, Belgium and Tunisia.
Would you be a good fit for the 1Spatial Software Support team?
At 1Spatial, Customer Support are a critical part of the wider Delivery team. Providing excellent support for our software, exceeding service expectations and managing relationships is key for ensuring customer retention, as well as maintaining a reputation which helps to secure new business.
1Spatial, and Esri UK, the global leader in location intelligence, have been selected as key partners in delivering the first Utility Network migration in the UK. The upgraded GIS solution will deliver a core architecture which will support and enhance the customer’s use of spatial information, and the ongoing management of their network assets. Core to the upgrade is the transition of the existing geometric network to Esri’s latest Utility Network (UN) model. The new UN model offers significant benefits to a modern utility and will be supported by Esri for many years to come.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced GIS support specialist to play a key role in the transition to, and on-going support of, these new GIS capabilities. In addition to working with the latest Esri tech you will also get to develop a great working knowledge of 1Spatial’s core products and the third-party products that we resell (including FME and Geocortex), as well as the open-source technology that we use to build our solutions.
You will be responsible for:
- Reporting to the Customer Support Manager, your key responsibilities will be in:
- Managing service desk tickets, troubleshooting and fielding calls via phone, emails and remote sessions
- Diagnosing, replicating and investigating customer’s issues, conducting root cause investigations, feeding vital information back to the development and project teams
- Working closely with Esri UK support on 3rd Line escalations
- Acting as a subject matter expert for the Customer Support and Project Teams, providing technical and strategic input and guidance to internal stakeholders
- Assisting with training requirements and guidance materials
- Contributing to service reviews and performance reporting
- Providing scheduled, on-call support during evenings and weekends
Required Skills and Experience:
- Experience supporting ESRI ArcGIS Enterprise (Portal for ArcGIS, ArcGIS Server, ArcGIS Data Store), ArcGIS Pro and ArcSDE Geodatabases
- Experience supporting high availability systems
- Ability to recognise risks and manage conflicting priorities
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to find innovative solutions to technical problems
- Good presentation and communication skills, both written and verbal
- A self-motivated team player with a proven track record of building and maintaining strong relationships with customers, partners and teams
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Understanding of task automation using scripting and tools such as python and FME;
- Experience of relational database management systems such as Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server etc. and how applications interact with them
- Passion for sharing knowledge and the ability to help mentor less experienced team members
What we can offer
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working hours
- 25 days annual leave
- Generous company pension scheme
- Group income protection scheme
- Private health insurance
- Health Cash Plan
- Buying/selling annual leave
- Cycle to work scheme
- Personal Development Allowance to support your Continuous Professional Development
- Active social programme including both virtual and in-person events
When we return to our spacious open plan office, you will also benefit from:
- Free car parking
- Easy rail access
- Soft drinks and fruit
Are you interested?
Please send a covering letter and CV/resume to email@example.com.