Senior Mobile Automation Tester
Senior Mobile Automation Tester
Location: Cambridge, UK (currently working from home due to Covid restrictions, hybrid model of work available upon return to normal work circumstances)
Employment Type: Permanent, Full time
We are a global leader in providing software, solutions, and business applications for managing location and geospatial data. We are a rapidly growing global business with offices in Cambridge (UK), France, Australia, USA, Ireland, Belgium and Tunisia. In every sector, organisations are using location data to make better decisions – improving services, maximizing efficiency, and even saving lives. Our 1Spatial Location Master Data Management platform delivers powerful data solutions and focused business applications on-premises, on-mobile and in the cloud.
Would you be a good fit to the 1Spatial Development team? We are looking for people with proven interest in technology and belief in the power of teamwork. We love people who are approachable, smart, innovative, and agile and who care about learning and continuous improvement. You will be a self-motivated problem solver with good communication skills.
Why join 1Spatial? Our people are the heart of 1Spatial. When you join us, we’ll support your professionalism, dedication and aspirations through a positive, extremely flexible, and inclusive working environment built on a foundation of mutual trust and respect.
You will join a team that helps enhance and maintain 1Spatial’s Location Mobile App SDK and Desktop Tools and create targeted solutions from it. As an Automation Tester, you will understand how to thrive within agile cross-functional teams and ensure the quality of the team`s delivery. You are passionate about continuous improvement and confident collaborating with developers and in the wider testing community. You are skilled as a hands-on tester within the team and working cross team in developing and improving test automation infrastructure.
You will be responsible for:
- Working in a cross functional team with Developers and a Product Owner
- Participate in Story Kick-offs and Sprint Ceremonies
- Deliver automated tests for Stories as part of a Continuous Integration Environment
- Ensure satisfactory sign-off of releases
- Creation and maintenance of written and automated test scripts
Required Skills and Experience:
- Focus on automated testing and quality
- Proven knowledge of the fundamental concepts of software testing
- Proven troubleshooting, and debugging skills
- Working knowledge of C# for testing and use of the NUnit framework.
- Ability to create clean, well-structured test code
- Device deployment and testing using Android Studio
- Proven knowledge of mobile functionality testing using Android or iOS
- Experience using:
- Continuous integration environment and build tools: Jenkins/Hudson, TeamCity, Cake, Gradle or AzureDevOps
- Automated testing tools and frameworks such as Xamarin.UITest, Appium, RestSharp and Selenium
- Subversion tooling (GIT, SVN)
What we can offer
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working hours
- 25 days annual leave
- Generous company pension scheme
- Group income protection scheme
- Private health insurance
- Health Cash Plan
- Buying/selling annual leave
- Cycle to work scheme
- Personal Development Allowance to support your Continuous Professional Development
- Active social programme including both virtual and in-person events
- Enhanced maternity & Paternity pay
- Maternal support & Wellbeing
When we return to our spacious open plan office, you will also benefit from:
- Free car parking
- Easy rail access
- Soft drinks and fruit
Read more on our Careers site - https://1spatial.com/careers
Please send a covering letter and CV/resume to email@example.com.
If you require further information or would like an informal chat about the role, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we will arrange for you to speak with the hiring manager.
We require that all candidates are able to demonstrate their eligibility to work in the UK.