Senior Project Manager
Location: Flexible, within England (with the ability to reliably commute to company's office based in Cambridge, UK, based on work requirements)
Employment Type: Full Time, Permanent
Salary: Competitive: details will be made available upon request
In every sector, organisations are using location data to make better decisions – improving services, maximizing efficiency and even saving lives. 1Spatial’s suite of solutions help our customers manage their complex geospatial data. We are a rapidly growing global business with offices in Cambridge (UK), France, Australia, USA, Ireland, Belgium and Tunisia.
Would you be a good fit for the 1Spatial Project management team? We are looking for people who are approachable, smart and innovative and who care about learning and continuous improvement. You will be a self-motivated project leader, that can demonstrate excellent communication skills and problem-solving abilities.
In this role, we are looking for people with proven interest in delivering complex data projects on time and to budget, whilst being committed to meeting our customer’s requirements and quality criteria, and who believe in the power of teamwork. You will be liaising with a government customer; managing day to day activities required to achieve a successful delivery. You will be responsible for progressively building and managing multiple teams as the project evolves. You will engage with stakeholders from 1Spatial, project partners and the customer.
We take pride in our outstanding reputation created by working in collaboration with our customers. We encourage our teams to spend time on customer’s sites to foster this way of working. In this role you will be expected to travel throughout the UK (subject to Covid 19 restrictions), including overnight stays. 1Spatial will support you and your teams in this and assist with arranging the logistics for you.
You will be responsible for:
- Ensuring the successful delivery of a project, for a key customer within the government sector which has a focus on:
- Data transformation, data migration and data ingestion processes
- Data transformation, data migration and data ingestion application development
- Transition and roll-out activities
- Leading the activities of 1Spatial technical delivery teams, ensuring that the key project management pillars of budget, schedule and quality are achieved
- Constructively communicating with the customer, project partners and stakeholders with respect to project progress, risks and actions; managing their expectations
Required Skills and Experience:
- Demonstrable successful track record in commercial project management in customer facing roles
- Proven experience in data transformation, data migration and data integration projects
- Experience of working for customers in the government sector
- Good evidence of working in collaboration with project partners and stakeholders
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with customers and stakeholders
- An understanding of the geospatial technologies and data
- Strong commercial knowledge
- Proven ability to manage and mitigate project risks; escalating when necessary
- Ability to deliver projects following agile methodologies such as SCRUM
- Familiarity with standards and certifications such as ISO 9001 and ISO 27001
- Ability to use industry standard project management tools (Microsoft Project, Jira, PSA/Salesforce)
- Hold or be prepared to be screened for BPSS (Baseline Personnel Security Standard) with the possibility of also needing CTC (Counter Terrorism Check) clearance
What we can offer
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working hours
- 25 days annual leave
- Generous company pension scheme
- Group income protection scheme
- Private health insurance
- Health Cash Plan
- Buying/selling annual leave
- Cycle to work scheme
- Personal Development Allowance to support your Continuous Professional Development
- Active social programme including both virtual and in-person events
When we return to our spacious open plan office, you will also benefit from:
- Free car parking
- Easy rail access
- Soft drinks and fruit
Please send a covering letter and CV/resume to email@example.com, mentioning the Job code: 1SPA0000
If you require further information or would like an informal chat about the role, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we will arrange for you to speak with the hiring manager.
We require that all candidates are able to demonstrate their eligibility to work in the UK.