Senior Project Manager
Senior Project Manager (Software Development & Customer Delivery)
Location: Cambridge, UK (currently home working due to Covid 19 restrictions, with mixture of office working when restrictions allow)
Employment type: Permanent
1Spatial’s mission is to place location data at the heart of decision making for government and the commercial sector, enabling their services to deliver safer, sustainable and smarter communities. We are an award-winning global business with a passion for data and are leaders at implementing and supporting geospatial solutions, with offices in Cambridge UK, USA, France, Australia, Ireland, Belgium and Tunisia.
Would you be a good fit for 1Spatial Project management team?
We are looking for people who are approachable, smart and innovative and who care about learning and continuous improvement, to join an exciting programme that will deliver state of the art data management and data integration products to the aeronautical and defence industry. As part of this team, you will help 1Spatial deliver its next generation geospatial aeronautical products that will provide greater levels of aviation safety. By joining our talented aeronautical teams, you will be part of a programme of work that is central to 1Spatial’s growth strategy.
We take pride in our outstanding reputation created by working in collaboration with our customers. We encourage our teams to spend time on customer’s sites to foster this way of working. In this role you may be expected to travel within the UK (subject to Covid 19 restrictions), including overnight stays.
We are looking for an experienced project manager with a proven record of delivering complex software development and integration solutions, working in a wider consortium. You will be required to coordinate a group of 1Spatial teams responsible for the development, test and integration of solutions which must meet a demanding set of quality criteria. You will be responsible for monitoring and reporting the progress of the work, identifying internal and external dependencies of the delivery teams and ensuring that those responsible are aligned. You will encourage a collaborative approach within the delivery teams for the identification and mitigation of risks and issues and be a confident communicator across the spectrum of stakeholders. You will have excellent commercial acumen being able to deliver to a fixed budget and understand risks that may impact that.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Successful track record in commercial project management in customer facing roles in Software industry
- Managing large programmes of work as part of a consortium
- Delivering projects with extensive security requirements
- Delivering projects with high levels of quality standards and controls
- Proven experience in setting up and executing software development projects following both waterfall and agile (SAFe) methodologies
- Overseeing the coordination of multiple teams and ensuring that their deliverables are successfully integrated
- Strong commercial acumen, with an eye for detail
- Proven ability to manage and mitigate project risks; escalating when necessary
- Working with remote teams, both in the UK and overseas
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Experience of working for customers in the defence and/or aeronautical data sector
- Working as part of a consortium (either prime or sub-contractor)
- Project management qualifications for waterfall and agile methodologies (e.g. Prince 2, PMI-ACP)
- Project management tools (Microsoft Project, Jira, PSA/Salesforce)
- Familiarity with standards and certifications (ISO 9001, ISO 27001)
- Knowledge of French language
What we can offer
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working hours
- 25 days annual leave
- Generous company pension scheme
- Group income protection scheme
- Private health insurance
- Buying/selling annual leave
- Free car parking
- Easy rail access
- Soft drinks and fruit
- Cycle to work scheme
- Active social programme
- Health Cash Plan
- Personal Development Allowance
Are you interested?
Please send a covering letter and CV/resume to email@example.com.