Senior Spatial Data Consultant
Senior Spatial Data Consultant
Location: Cambridge, UK
Employment type: Full time, Permanent
Salary: Negotiable dependant on skills & experience
In every sector, organisations are using location data to make better decisions – improving services, maximising efficiency and even saving lives. 1Spatial’s suite of solutions help our customers manage their complex geospatial data. We are a rapidly growing global business with offices in Cambridge (UK), France, Australia, USA, Ireland, Belgium and Tunisia.
1Spatial’s consulting team are responsible for successfully delivering customer focussed projects; being involved throughout a project lifecycle from presales through to transition to BAU. They take on technical ownership and accountability for projects and relationships with the customer.
Would you be a good fit for the 1Spatial Consultancy team?
In this role, we are looking for an experienced Consultant with proven interest in delivering complex data projects on time and to budget, whilst being committed to meeting our customer’s requirements and quality criteria, and who believe in the power of teamwork. You will be liaising with government customers, managing day to day technical activities for a specific project required to achieve a successful delivery. You will be responsible for progressively building and managing work with your team as the project evolves and iterates.
You will be responsible for:
- Technically delivering a service led project focused on spatial data quality, management, extraction, transformation and loading:
- You will use your technical know-how to guide stakeholders in decision making
- You will work with your team to plan and guide the delivery of the solution and ongoing work
- Managing teams of consultants and mentoring individuals for career progression
- Identifying opportunities for further work through the project
- An excellent level of spatial technical knowledge from work experience
- Pragmatic approach to problem solving, with strong customer facing skills, strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Capable of self-management, as well as the potential for managing others in the team
- Keen to learn, develop their skill sets and gain experience
- Keen to help others in the team develop their skills
- Experience of databases and GIS technology
What we can offer
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working hours
- 25 days annual leave
- Generous company pension scheme
- Group income protection scheme
- Private health insurance
- Health Cash Plan
- Buying/selling annual leave
- Cycle to work scheme
- Personal Development Allowance to support your Continuous Professional Development
- Active social programme including both virtual and in-person events
- Enhanced maternity & Paternity pay
- Maternal support & Wellbeing
When we return to our spacious open plan office, you will also benefit from:
- Free car parking
- Easy rail access
- Soft drinks and fruit
Read more on our Careers site - https://1spatial.com/careers
Please send a covering letter and CV/resume to email@example.com.
If you require further information or would like an informal chat about the role, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we will arrange for you to speak with the hiring manager.
We require that all candidates are able to demonstrate their eligibility to work in the UK.