Service Manager – Software Development, Configuration & Customer Delivery
Location: Cambridge, UK (Work from home currently due to Covid-19
restrictions, hybrid model of working available upon returning to normal
Employment type: Permanent
In every sector, organisations are using location data to make better decisions, increasing profits, maximizing efficiency and even saving lives. 1Spatial’s suite of solutions and services help our customers manage their complex geospatial data. We are a rapidly growing global business with offices in Cambridge (UK), France, Australia, USA, Ireland, Belgium and Tunisia.
Would you be a good fit for the 1Spatial project management team? We are looking for people with proven interest in delivering services on time and to budget, whilst being committed to meeting our customer’s requirements and quality criteria, and who believe in the power of teamwork. You will have demonstrated excellent abilities in building relationships with customers and becoming a trusted partner. Your direct relationships with 1Spatial’s customers will enable them to grow and achieve their goals while strengthening their relationship with 1Spatial.
We take pride in our outstanding reputation created by working in collaboration with our customers. We encourage our teams to spend time on customer’s sites to foster this way of working. In this role you will be expected to travel throughout the UK (subject to Covid 19 restrictions), including overnight stays. 1Spatial will support you and your teams in this and assist with arranging the logistics for you.
You will be responsible for:
- Relationship management. You can explain the value that 1Spatial’s services provide to our customers. You can identify important stakeholders and relationships and work with teams to build these. You understand how to work with stakeholders and contribute to improving these relationships. By helping the customer, you can ensure that maximum benefit is gained from 1Spatial’s products and services.
- Service reporting. You can take management information and consolidate agreed key performance indicators (KPIs) into product or service measures that underpin service management of a specific product or service. You can produce relevant reports in a standard format in an agreed timeframe. You can work with important stakeholders to discuss any changes in the reporting processes. You can add a commentary that provides an interpretation for the information provided in the report.
- Business analysis. You know how to investigate problems and opportunities in existing services and contribute to recommending solutions to these. You can work with stakeholders to identify objectives and potential benefits.
- Continual service improvement. You can identify service process optimisation opportunities with guidance and contribute to the implementation of proposed improvements.
- Work package and project management. You have the ability to successfully deliver work packages and projects to 1Spatial’s customers with a managed service in place. You will be able to understand the customer’s needs and, working with the rest of services delivery team, plan how best to meet those needs and then successfully execute the delivery plan. You will be responsible for managing the customer’s expectations, for example with respect to delivery timescales and scope.
- Asset and configuration management. You understand the 1Spatial products and applications used by our customers, the benefits they provide. You understand the configuration of products used by our customers and can describe road maps for their usage. You know how to conduct life-cycle management for assets including hardware, software, intellectual property, licences and warranties.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Qualification and knowledge of life-cycle and / or capability elements of ITIL (Information Technology Infrastructure Library).
- Proven experience in managing service-related projects and work packages
throughout their lifecycle from inception through to delivery
- Proven record of customer focussed service delivery and a sound understanding of service delivery best practice and procedures
- Proven experience of managing and nurturing external customer relationships.
- In depth understanding of Service Management Framework knowledge.
- Knowledge of geospatial applications and data and ability to apply that knowledge to customer’s business. Previous experience of working with the government sector customers will be an added advantage.
- Experience and familiarity with agile project methodologies such as SCRUM.
- Ability to take ownership of an issue until a new owner has been found or the problem has been mitigated or resolved through own initiative
- Ability to contribute to the development of strategy for external customers.
- Willingness to travel for work (dependent on Covid related guidelines)
What we can offer
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working hours
- 25 days annual leave
- Generous company pension scheme
- Group income protection scheme
- Private health insurance
- Free car parking
- Easy rail access
- Soft drinks and fruit
- Cycle to work scheme
- Active social programme
- Buying/selling annual leave
- Health cash plan
- Personal Development Allowance
Are you interested?