Software Engineer (Java)
Software Engineer (Java)
Location: Cambridge, UK (currently home working due to Covid 19 restrictions, with mixture of office working when restrictions allow)
Employment Type: Permanent
We are a global leader in providing software, solutions, and business applications for managing location and geospatial data. We are a rapidly growing global business with offices in Cambridge (UK), France, Australia, USA, Ireland and Belgium. In every sector, organisations are using location data to make better decisions – increasing profits, maximizing efficiency, and even saving lives. Our 1Spatial Location Master Data Management platform delivers powerful data solutions and focused business applications on-premises, on-mobile and in the cloud.
Would you be a good fit to the 1Spatial Development team?
We are looking for people with proven interest in technology and belief in the power of teamwork. We love people who are approachable, smart, innovative, and agile and who care about learning and continuous improvement. You will be a self-motivated problem solver with good communication skills.
Why join 1Spatial? Our people are the heart of 1Spatial. When you join us, we’ll support your professionalism, dedication and aspirations through a positive, extremely flexible, and inclusive working environment built on a foundation of mutual trust and respect.
You will be responsible for:
- Working within agile processes for short cycle, fast-paced deliveries.
- Contributing to a cross functional team of developers, testers, and product managers to deliver enhancements and new features for 1Spatial’s LMDM Platform.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Desire to learn new tools, concepts, and technologies.
- Proven strong Java development skills.
- Web front-end development (e.g., React).
- Experience working within version control (e.g., git) and build tooling (Maven/Gradle)
Beneficial Skills and Experiences:
- Experience using or keen interest in Geospatial tools and systems
- Java EE application servers or Spring Boot
- Developing SOAP and REST APIs
- Continuous integration servers (Jenkins or AzureDevOps) and containerisation
What we can offer:
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working hours
- 25 days annual leave
- Generous company pension scheme
- Group income protection scheme
- Private health insurance
- Buying/selling annual leave
- Free car parking
- Easy rail access
- Soft drinks and fruit
- Cycle to work scheme
- Active social programme
- Health Cash Plan
- Personal Development Allowance
Are you interested?
Please send a covering letter and CV/resume to email@example.com.