Software Support Engineer
Software Support Engineer
Location: Cambridge, UK (currently working from home due to Covid 19 restrictions)
Employment Type: Permanent
In every sector, organisations are using location data to make better decisions – increasing profits, maximising efficiency and even saving lives. 1Spatial’s suite of solutions help our customers manage their complex geospatial data. We are a rapidly growing global business with offices in Cambridge (UK), USA, France, Australia, Ireland, Belgium and Tunisia.
1Spatial Customer Support are a multidisciplinary team that play a critical role within the wider Delivery Team. Providing excellent support for our software, exceeding service expectations and managing relationships is key for ensuring customer retention, as well as maintaining a reputation which helps to secure new business.
Our customers trust us to deliver a service which offers access to a team providing technical expertise, extensive product knowledge and exceptional service levels.
Would you be a good fit for the 1Spatial’s Customer Support team? We love people who are approachable, smart, innovative and agile and who care about learning and continuous improvement. You will be a self-motivated problem solver with good communication skills.
Reporting to the Customer Support manager, in this role you will get to develop a great working knowledge of our core geospatial products and the tailored systems that use 1Spatial technology, third party products that we resell (including FME and Geocortex), as well as open source technology that we use to build our solutions. You will work closely with the other teams in the company including development, testing, product management, consulting and sales in a highly collaborative, agile environment.
You will be responsible for:
- Software troubleshooting, including investigation and diagnosis of issues related to software installation, configuration and application.
- Conducting root cause investigation and feeding the information gathered back to the software development teams
- Logging and maintaining support case history, ensuring solutions are communicated in a clear and concise manner
- Contributing to 1Spatial developed software products and solutions testing
- Providing scheduled, on-call support during evenings and weekends, if required.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Demonstratable troubleshooting skills, including analysis and problem solving within
software development scenarios
- Previous experience working directly with external customers
- Excellent communication skills which will help build and maintain working relationships with customers and teams
- Self-motivated team player with a strong attitude for taking responsibility
- Ability to analyse system and software log files
- A methodical and consistent approach to reproducing software defects
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Windows and Linux Server experience
- Esri/GIS experience or relevant qualifications
- Knowledge of SQL to help perform basic query tasks (spatial and scalar)
What we can offer
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working hours
- 25 days annual leave
- Generous company pension scheme
- Group income protection scheme
- Private health insurance
- Free car parking
- Easy rail access
- Soft drinks and fruit
- Cycle to work scheme
- Active social programme
- Buying/selling annual leave
- Health cash plan
- Personal Development Allowance
Are you interested?