Senior C++ Developer
Location: Cambridge, UK
Employment Type: Permanent
In every sector, organisations are using location data to make better decisions – increasing profits, maximizing efficiency and even saving lives. 1Spatial’s suite of solutions help our customers manage their complex spatial data. We are a rapidly growing global business with offices in Cambridge (UK), France, Australia, America, Ireland and Belgium.
Would you be a good fit to the 1Spatial Development team? We are looking for people with proven interest in technology, commitment to agile software development good practice and belief in the power of teamwork. We love people who are approachable, smart, innovative and agile and who care about learning and continuous improvement. You will be self-motivated, a problem solver and good at communication.
In this role, you will be working on 1Spatial’s core product technology as part of a growing team of engineers at our modern offices in Cambridge. You will mainly be developing in C/C++, designing and implementing geospatial components that serve as the backend for 1Spatial’s end user applications.
- Required Skills and Experience:
• Excellent C++ (including STL).
• Excellent troubleshooting and debugging skills.
• Proven experience with computational geometry algorithms.
• Good object-oriented design skills.
• Experience using:
• Distributed version control systems (e.g., git, mercurial)
• Build systems (e.g., CMake, Maven)
• C++11 and Boost.
• Unit test frameworks (e.g., GoogleTest)
- Desired Skills and Experience:
• Cross-platform C++ development (Windows, Unix).
• GIS or geometry manipulation.
• Continuous integration servers (Jenkins).
- What we can offer
• Competitive salary
• Flexible working hours
• 25 days annual leave
• Generous company pension scheme
• Group income protection scheme
• Private health insurance
• Free car parking
• Easy rail access
• Soft drinks and fruit
• Cycle to work scheme
• Active social programme
- Are you interested?