Do you take time to invest in yourself?
We live in a knowledge economy with a quietly bubbling (and sometimes raging) war for talent. There is a widely acknowledged shortage of key skills, especially in the areas of data management and data science.
However, there’s always pressure to get things done. The To Do list never gets shorter, the list of Cool Projects If I Only Had Time gets longer.
It can be difficult to free time to train.
Yet, the world’s greatest investor says we should, first of all, invest in ourselves.
Warren Buffett, Chairman and CEO of Berkshire Hathaway, the renowned Sage of Omaha, said in an interview with Good Morning America:
“Generally speaking, investing in yourself is the best thing you can do; anything that improves your own talents. Nobody can take that away from you.”
If that isn’t incentive enough, try these:
5 reasons to take time to train
- Develop marketable skills – Build your career, your potential and your value with in-demand skills that boost your effectiveness … in this role, or the next.
- Gain recognised certifications – Prove the depth of your knowledge (to yourself and others) with credible, recognised qualifications.
- Sharpen the saw – One of Stephen Covey’s 7 Habits. Take time out for reflection and self-renewal. Come back to work fresher and re-energised.
- Get things done faster – Hone your skills to cut through the workload more quickly. Learn short-cuts, best practice and features you never knew.
- Plug your knowledge gaps – On the job learning is great, but inevitably you end up with patchy knowledge; deep in some core areas but scant in parts you don’t encounter. Plug your gaps and round out your knowledge
Spatial data training from 1Spatial
Have you checked out our training? We offer courses in our own technology (of course), in FME and in Geocortex.
We run public courses, open to individuals, or we can tailor in-house courses to the needs of corporate customers.
All our courses are run by trainers qualified in the technologies they train and with deep and current, real-world experience of the software in action. Even better, you leave our courses with the knowledge that we are on hand to help, once you start putting your knowledge to work back in the workplace.
You can see our schedule of upcoming courses – and book your place – by following the product links, here.