Location: Vienna, VA
Employment Type: Permanent
In every sector, organisations are using location data to make better decisions – increasing profits, maximizing efficiency and even saving lives. 1Spatial’s suite of solutions help our customers manage their complex spatial data. We are a rapidly growing global business with offices in America, Cambridge (UK), France, Australia, Ireland and Belgium.
We are looking for a Technical Trainer to educate people in defining and measuring data quality utilizing our automated rules engine, 1Integrate. The Trainer will develop technical training programs and help others develop skills that will improve their understanding of data quality and how to practically apply that understanding.
Technical trainers must possess solid technical aptitude, experience with GIS/Geospatial Data as well as non-spatial data and be able to quickly learn how to leverage our data quality products. Additionally, we expect our Trainers to be excellent communicators and be able to explain complex subjects in a clear and interesting way.
The Trainer’s end goal is to contribute to the development of our customers’ data quality skills to meet organizational needs.
• Successfully deliver pre-defined trainings at client site or occasionally virtually, educating customers on the use of 1Spatial products
• Support creation of engaging trainings and programs for customers to increase knowledge, develop skills and abilities, and successfully support the use of 1Spatial products
• Produce training schedules and classroom agendas
• Determine course content according to objectives
• Prepare training material (presentations, worksheets etc.)
• Execute training sessions, webinars, workshops etc. in groups or individually
• Arrange for and conduct on-site or remote training
• Keep and report data on completed courses, absences, issues etc.
• Observe and evaluate results of training programs
• Determine overall effectiveness of programs and make improvements as needed
• During training sessions, observe and communicate software and services opportunities to account managers
• Outstanding communication skills, both written and oral
• Proven experience as a technical trainer
• 1-2+years’ experience with GIS
• Knowledge of modern training techniques and tools in technical subjects
• Experience in designing technical course content
• Working knowledge in MS Office (especially PowerPoint)
• Comfortable speaking to audiences of all sizes
• Ability to take ownership of all assignments and work
• Ability to work as a part of a team or individually
• Excellent organizational and time-management skills
• Experience providing in person trainings
• Experience providing remote trainings
• Ability to travel
- What we can offer
• Competitive salary
• Paid time off
• Paid holidays
• 401K plan
• Flexible spending and health savings accounts
• Medical, life and disability insurance
• Public transit benefit
- Are you interested?
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you require further information or would like an informal chat about the role, please contact us and we will arrange for you to speak with the hiring manager. We require that all candidates are able to demonstrate their eligibility to work in the USA.