Organizations who deal with 3D data can also benefit from 1Spatial’s automated rules-based approach to data quality, data integration and data enhancement. Data with 3D geometries has been used for a long time in design/construction projects but increasingly also by national mapping and government agencies. The use of BIM as a discipline for whole-life asset management is also driving the need for an automated data quality approach, especially when trying to use 3D data alongside traditional 2D GIS data.
Examples of use cases include:
- Validating 3D data such as checking for overlapping buildings or ensuring that the walls, floor and roof of a building form a closed shell.
- Ensuring alignment between 3D and 2D data by checking and improving the positional accuracy
- Using automatically captured 3D objects to perform change detection using fuzzy spatial comparison with existing data
- Ensuring BIM models meet the required business rules for example to ensure that suppliers are meeting their data delivery obligations
- Automatically creating internal rooms from building floor plans
- Automatically forming solids from the surfaces that surround it
1Integrate and 1Data Gateway deliver these capabilities and enable a master data management approach for managing 3D data alongside 2d data. They allow you to measure 3D data quality, identify 3D data errors - such as misaligned or invalid data - and also allow positional improvement as well as geometric enhancement of the data by comparing 3D and 3D data.
3D data opens up powerful asset management capabilities such as remote inspection, virtual measurement, maintenance planning or capability design. RealWorld4D provides a rapid browser-based environment for aggregating 3D and 2D data from various sources into a central hub so that it can be rapidly, inspected, measured or updated via a 3D view from within a web browser.