Employment type: Permanent
Location: Tysons Corner, VA, USA
In every sector, organizations are using location data to make better decisions – increasing profits, maximizing efficiency and even saving lives. 1Spatial’s suite of solutions help our customers manage their complex geospatial data. We are a rapidly growing global business with offices in Cambridge (UK), France, Tunisia, Australia, USA, Ireland and Belgium.
Would you be a good fit for the 1Spatial Marketing team? We are looking for people who are approachable, smart and innovative and who care about learning and continuous improvement. You will be a self-motivated problem solver with good communication skills.
The Marketing Associate uses their creativity, marketing expertise, and project management skills to develop, manage, and execute strategic marketing campaigns. Marketing Associates partner with key internal stakeholders to ensure the successful planning and execution of focused campaigns, events, community-building activities, and industry relations campaigns spanning the Government, Utility and Transportation sectors to ensure campaign goals and KPIs are met in key markets.
- 2+ years of marketing experience
- Knowledgeable to strong understanding of CRM (preferably Salesforce), Marketing Software (preferably Pardot), social media platforms, business intelligence and project management processes
- Excellent verbal communications and writing skills for internal and external audiences
- Highly organized, strongly self-motivated, with the ability to multi-task activities with shifting priorities
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate matrixed resources and drive measurable results
- Must be able to travel up to 20% during peak marketing periods
- Develop proficiency in 1Spatial software and service offerings
- Develop proficiency in GIS industry
- Managing time and working in an organized fashion
- Able to sit for long periods of time at a computer workstation
- Visual acuity to perform computer work.
- Bachelor’s in business, marketing, or related field
- U.S. citizenship
- Must be eligible to obtain a DoD security clearance.
- Proven track record of campaign marketing successes equally showcasing strategic, innovative, and effective thinking
- Experience marketing Commercial-Off-the-Shelf solutions as well as custom GIS products to Government, Utilities and Transportation sectors
- Strong decision-making, problem resolution, and creative thinking skills
- Ability to translate technically complex concepts into simple and compelling messages that effectively communicate business value
- Knowledge of GIS in government-related fields
- Master’s in business, marketing, or related field
Positions duties/Work responsibilities:
- Develop, execute, and measure industry marketing campaigns, defining tactics from start to finish, by partnering with industry, corporate marketing (email, web, social, advertising teams), business development, product marketing, and others to ensure successful tactic delivery, across sector industries (Government, Utilities and Transportation)
- Provide industry-appropriate business writing skills and marketing expertise to lead the development of campaign plans and marketing assets
- Leverage marketing analytics and reporting platforms to determine campaign success criteria; manage campaign activity reports and ROI analytics
- Effectively manage tactics and communications with cross-functional stakeholders to prioritize and lead high impact campaigns aligned with sector and company goals
- Proactively work with internal and external customers to identify, resolve, and escalate campaign risks and issues hindering delivery of tactics
- Develop strong partnerships with global marketing and business development teams to create strategically aligned marketing plans
- Execute event-related activities, including (conferences, seminars, tradeshows, sponsorships, and registration)
One or more of the following responsibilities may be assigned:
- Work with sales management to develop target lists, call strategies, and messaging
- Follow up and move leads forward in the process; engage with sales teams to ensure timely handoff of leads for ongoing opportunity management
- Build use case flyers on successful client engagements
Work is conducted in an office setting sitting at a computer. Depending on the workload, a customized work schedule may be required.
What we can offer:
- Competitive salary
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
- 401K plan
- Flexible spending and health savings accounts
- Medical, vision, dental, life and disability insurance
- Public transit benefit
- An expanding organization with lots of growth potential (and a great team to work with!)
Please send a covering letter and CV/resume to US-Recruiting@1spatial.com. If you require further information or would like an informal chat about the role, please contact US-Recruiting@1spatial.com and we will arrange for you to speak with the hiring manager.
We require that all candidates are able to demonstrate their eligibility to work in the US