Employment Type: Permanent
The Account Executive is responsible for developing and implementing a sales plan that is consistent with the U.S Market business growth strategies and revenue goals. This includes management of the entire sales cycle from identifying potential sales opportunities to securing contracts. The Account Executive is responsible for developing and maintaining strong customer relationships to create long term partnerships that preserve and expand the revenue base.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Two (2) or more years of successful experience as an Account Executive, or in other sales/customer service role.
- Demonstrating understanding of GIS concepts and industry software.
- Establishing strong customer relationships.
- Developing proposals to win new business.
- Using Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software to document and track sales opportunities.
- Demonstrating versatility in English written and oral skills to communicate effectively with diverse audiences, including employees, managers, technical and non-technical customers and potential customers.
- Working effectively in team setting.
- Demonstrating analytical and problem-solving skills and ability to think creatively to develop solutions to customer business problems.
- Maintaining focus when working under time constraints.
- Capable of seeing the full range of the color spectrum.
- Mobility to travel frequently to customer location.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Geography or related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- U.S. citizenship
- Must be eligible to obtain a DoD security clearance.
- Selling Commercial-Off-the-Shelf as well as custom GIS products.
- Demonstrated ability to meet new revenue targets.
Position Duties/Work Responsibilities
- Develop adequate knowledge of 1Spatial products and services to demonstrate benefits and functions to customers and potential customers.
- Understand customer requirements and lead or participate in development of software-based solutions for identified opportunities.
- Ensure complete documentation on team sales opportunities in company CRM
- Establish and maintain collaborative working relationships within the corporation to meet customer requirements.
- Establish and maintain relationships within the geospatial product and services industry.
- Establish and maintain relationships within the target customer organizations and create long term partnerships.
- Follow procedures and work instructions associated with job function.
- Collaborate with corporate team members to ensure that customer requirements are achieved and continuous improvements are implemented.
- Participate in target industry symposia and trade shows to identify new customers and potential business partners and ensure current customers are aware of new products and services.
- Gain company commitment for resources necessary to develop successful bids and proposals, and monitor work progress to overcome obstacles to timely preparation of customer communications, proposals
- Complete daily time reports using correct job codes and submit timesheets weekly for approval.
- Comply with the requirements of the company’s documented Quality Management System.
One or more of the following responsibilities may be assigned:
- Gain customer agreement to participate in case studies, press releases, and other marketing materials.
- As part of the bid and proposal process, serve as the sales focal point with subcontractors and prime contractors.
Work conducted either in an office setting or via travel to customer meetings or industry conferences. Long hours may be required on occasion to meet customer requirements.