The Company recognises that effective and honest communication is essential if concerns about breaches or failures are to be effectively dealt with and the Company’s success ensured.
We have a Public Interest Disclosure (Whistleblowing) Policy. This policy is designed to provide guidance to all those who work with or within the Company (including casual and temporary staff) who may from time to time feel that they need to raise certain issues relating to the Company with someone in confidence.
Any person who in the public interest raises genuine concerns under this policy will not under any circumstances be subjected to any form of detriment or disadvantage as a result of having raised their concerns. The victimisation or harassment of an individual making a protected disclosure is a disciplinary offence.
This policy applies where you reasonably believe that one of the following sets of circumstances is occurring, has occurred or may occur within the Company and that your disclosure is in the public interest:
- a criminal offence has been committed, is being committed or is likely to be committed
- fraud has been committed (whether actual, suspected or alleged) or is likely to be committed
- a person has failed, is failing or is likely to fail to comply with any legal obligation to which he or she is subject
- a miscarriage of justice has occurred, is occurring or is likely to occur
- the health and safety of any individual has been, is being or is likely to be endangered
- the environment has been, is being or is likely to be damaged
- information tending to show any matter falling within any one of the preceding paragraphs has been, is being or is likely to be deliberately concealed.
It is not necessary that you prove the breach or failure that you are alleging has occurred or is likely to occur, you may simply raise a reasonable suspicion. However, you should note that you will not be protected from the consequences of making such a disclosure if, by doing so, you commit a criminal offence.
This policy is stated in our Company Handbook. The policy is aimed at creating an open, transparent and safe working environment where our staff feel able to speak up. The policy that it is not part of the employment contract and may be amended from time to time.