Reducing the duration and cost of incidents, whilst ensuring customer welfare
- Manage incidents in real-time across your enterprise
- Provide a process-driven, easy to use application for the response team
- Display and report on live updates from field users to accurately update appropriate stakeholders
- Ensure customer and community welfare with a planned, managed and audited response that reduces incident response times
Utility companies must react to emergency and potentially life-threatening incidents, such as gas leaks as quickly and as efficiently as possible, whilst ensuring that both the public and staff are not at risk. It is important for the utility to rapidly identify the impacted area, contain the incident and complete a meticulous response. In order to complete this efficiently staff at each stage of the response require accurate, clear and detailed information – whether this is the team in the field or the command room.
There are multiple aspects to consider during incident response including;
- Identifying and prioritising at risk or vulnerable customers and high impact addresses
- Ensuring all customers are safe in the first instance, then maintaining their safety until the incident is resolved
- Following important operational processes to ensure each customers supply is reconnected safely
- Ensuring welfare provisions are distributed to customers, in line with the utility company duty of care
- Accurate recording of all actions taken, by whom, at what time etc If incidents occur, they put additional strain on the organisation, making an efficient management process vital. Without real-time insight from the response team, it is extremely difficult for utilities to maintain an accurate overview of the incident, make informed decisions and provide timely reports on the response.
There are two elements to the 1Spatial Incident Management Solution:
- The mobile application
- The desktop application
The mobile application enables field workers to provide the business with real-time updates. It can be configured to guide the user through the organisation’s response protocol ensuring the correct actions are taken and all information is captured.
The captured data updates the web application providing HQ with a real-time operational view of the entire incident. It displays live data feeds from all field workers so that decisions can be made quickly with all the necessary information. It also includes reporting functionality allowing the business to easily provide relevant information to various stakeholders.
The solution focuses equally on operational response and customer welfare – allowing the organisation to invest in a targeted solution that ticks all the boxes for successful incident management.
This incident management solution provides utility companies with the ability to manage incidents easily and efficiently. Field engineers can access the application from their mobile or tablet, and update HQ in real-time saving the organisation valuable time and resources. This solution will ensure the response plan is executed efficiently, reducing the time taken to resolve an incident, resulting in less operational disruption and cost whilst improving customer satisfaction. Most importantly, it will ensure all possible measures are taken to protect both the public and staff’s welfare throughout the incident. This solution has the ability to reduce the duration of the incident and the cost it has to the utility. By reducing the duration of the incident, this reduces the impact on the customer and improves their overall welfare. This is a positive outcome for both the organisation and the customers that they supply.
If you would like to know more about how this solution could benefit your organisation, then please contact us.